With Wix SEO giving you the advantage to stand out on Search Engines, you can now reach out to more people with your Wix Website.
If you have a business for which you need to make a website, you have probably heard of Wix. For those of you who haven’t, it’s a custom website builder. A custom website builder is a web-based platform that allows you to design websites with ease- so that even someone who has no basic knowledge of programming languages or relevant technical expertise can make and maintain a website. Wix has a beautiful and wide set of templates, you can easily drag and drop to add features to your website and move them around them create your own unique looking website. Additionally, it has all the other features that can help you maintain the website as well. With Wix, you can start building and maintaining your website within hours- for free!
Well, technically, it’s not totally free- you can build and maintain websites with very limited features for free, but if you want more features and more storage for your website, you need to subscribe to their plans. Their plans, however, are very reasonable in terms of pricing which makes it affordable for even the smallest of businesses.
Now, while there are other custom website builders out there, what makes Wix truly different is its inbuilt SEO platform. Now for those of us, who know what SEO is and how it can help grow your business. Please skip this paragraph. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a method to rank your websites higher up on Google. See, every time anyone makes a query on Google, a certain set of links show up, now while there are 100s of pages of links, people will only go to links that are ranked higher up (i.e. links which are shown first). So, for example, if you are the owner of a hotel in California and you maintain a website, and it’s ranked on the 9th page of Google for the keywords ‘Hotels in California’, there’s a chance that no one is going to visit your website when they search with those keywords. Now, while there’s a lot of technical details about Search Engine Optimization, for the scope of this article, you need to know that it’s a way to rank your pages higher up on search engines such as Google or Bing- with higher ranking you will get more visitors and increase your business’s online traction and vice-versa.
Back to Wix SEO, the factor that makes Wix stand out from all other website builders is its in-built SEO platform which allows you to set and execute winning SEO strategies- elevating you to top ranks on search engines. Some of you might take SEO to be too complicated and take it that you are better off with it, but beware, in the 21st century, it is imperative for all businesses to create a strong online impression to their audiences to grow credibility, in fact, 65% of businesses nowadays make a website because it makes them look more credible to their consumers. In the globalized world that we live in, almost all B2C companies and most B2B companies need to go for a digital platform to present their businesses in- a website is a good first step, but without proper SEO, you won’t be able to reap its benefits. Now, if you are interested to get started with your Wix SEO, read on:
Getting Started with SEO for Wix:
The first thing you need to get started with your Wix SEO is obviously to set it up on your pages. Keep in mind that you need to individually set the SEO up for each page. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Log in to your website’s Wix back-end, or the editor’s panel.
- Click the Pages Menu from the top bar of the dashboard.
- Click the page you want to setup wix SEO for.
- Click Page SEO
If you follow these simple steps, you will be taken to a new window where you can set up your Wix SEO. But before we go into further details, let’s talk about keywords for a while. So, for those of you who know what keywords are and how to rank, you may skip this part. But for those of you who don’t, this is for you, so keywords are the words that you think are most relevant to your businesses, something that people will search for when they are looking for businesses like yours. For example, if you own a restaurant at Redmond, Washington- your keywords may be ‘Restaurants in Redmond Washington’ or ‘Restaurants in Redmond WA’. You can also analyze and see which keywords are the most popular using nifty tools such as Google’s Keyword Planner tool. There are, however, a lot of other factors concerning keywords which is why most companies get SEO work done by professionals, but if you are looking to do it yourself, you can always learn more from Youtube, but the description can be enough to get you started as well!
Now that we are all on the same page, let us now begin optimizing pages on Wix SEO.
5. Enter your Page Title: Sometimes called the page title Meta Tag, it is the way you want your page title to appear in search engine results.But don’t worry, the page title is meant only to be a headline for the search engine, not for the page itself. The page title itself will never be visible on your page but it appears within the source code of your page when sharing the page on Facebook, Google or other social media platforms and in your browser tab. Using one of your keywords in the title is always a good idea since page titles are indexed by Google. 6. Enter a page description: Once you are done with your page title, you need to insert a description for people to read and click on your link. This feature is also called a snippet and in technical terms, it’s called a Meta Tag. While it’s not visible to users on the page of your site, it appears below your page’s title on search engines. Make sure that you use your keywords in your page description to make it a better fit to search engines.
7. Enter Page Keywords: If you are a developer or owner who’s using Wix SEO for their websites, please make note that the page keyword Meta Tag, which is set in the page settings tab is not something that’s indexed (Considered) by Google or any other search engines. Thereby, the usage of these tags will not affect your ranking on any Search Engine Results Page (SERP). Instead, make sure that you are using your keywords in the contents of the page, you can put up to 10 keywords per page at a time. Make sure that you are using your primary keywords frequently in your content and your secondary keywords as well.
By following all these steps for all the pages on your website, you can make your website strongly search engine optimized that can place you higher on search engines can build better traction with your online audience base. But if you have found all these steps handy and informative, you may as well stay back for a few Wix SEO tips.
Winning tips about SEO for Wix
- Adding Alt Text to an Image: There are two purposes to adding alternative texts to your images. One, it tells your readers and users what the image is about, secondly, it tells search engines what the images are about so that they can index it and whenever searches something with the relevant keywords, the image might pop up and you might just get a visitor (And who knows? A future customer) through the image. Setting it up is very easy too, here’s how you go about it:
- Click an Image
- Click the Settings Icon
- Enter the description of the image under the section ‘What’s in the image? Tell Google’
2. Make sure that your titles are well optimized: The title should always be within 60 characters long, but don’t make sure that it’s not too short either. The ideal title is between 55-60 characters, including spaces. Adding your business’s name and location may also be a good idea.
3. Optimizing Page Descriptions: Make sure that your descriptions are at least 50 characters long and do not exceed 160 characters under any circumstances including spaces. Make sure that you write a compelling description in proper English (No extra exclamatory marks, no upper and lower case letters) with a call-to-action that entices people to click on your link.
While the steps mentioned earlier will get you started with your SEO, these tips will make sure that you rank higher, sooner! So folks, what are you waiting for? Get started now!